Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Switch it up a Little...

It's the new year, why not switch things up a little and give each other some ideas on different ways to use not only our products but other products too!  I just read an article about different ways to use Lip Gloss, which I thought was a great starting point.  Did you know you could use our all natural tinted Lip Dew as a cream blush?  Would you want to use it daily?  Probably not, but when in a bind or needing a hint of bronze, pink or wine it would be the perfect substitute with a little sparkle.  The SunDewed would also look amazing as a refresher eye shadow if you needed a quick pick me up.

Some ideas we've heard about our other products being used we thought we'd share.  

Body Balm - Not only is this wonderful product great to apply on cracked or dry patches of skin, but it's also a great cuticle moisturizer.

Hand-crafted Soaps as air fresheners...we kid you not.  Leave a bar of our soap in your car and the scent is amazing!  Also our Pure Dew Soap is the perfect soap to grate to make your own laundry detergent, it's free of scents and essential oils.

Wondering what to do with all the leftover liquid Soy Wax from our Soy tarts after the smell is gone?  Use it like a paraffin wax for your hands only it's Soy Wax and much safer.

Our Dew Drops Spray is probably one of our most versatile products.  We sell it to use as a body splash or a hair detangler/frizz eliminator, but did you also know you can spray your clothes and throw in the dryer to remove wrinkles?  Or how about spraying your sheets with the soothing lavender to help you sleep better at night?  Keep in your bathroom to cover "other" odors.  Spray on your skin to cool off in the summer months.

The Whipped Aloe Shea Butter has several versatile uses too.  It's a great new baby lotion, especially for those with Eczema and best of all it comes unscented so no worries about harsh fragrances on a new baby's skin.  Some people prefer to use the Shea for an all over body cream, including wearing under make-up on their face, a hand cream and also on their feet.  It's also great to use if you've been in the sun too long, the Aloe and the Shea are very soothing to your skin.

There are many other versatile options to our products...what are some of the ways you've used our products?  Feel free to share some tips on how you've used everyday products in a new fascinating way.


8 comments:

  1. One great way when I feel like I have dull hair build-up is adding baking soda in to whatever shampoo you normally use, take a few extra minutes and really massage your scalp with the baking soda too, rinse, wash your hair normally then condition and I always notice I have a great hair day afterwards! Crissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Whipped Aloe Shea Butter sounds amazing. I love the look of the Lip Dews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas - who knew? I love the hand crafted soaps in the car suggestion. Sometimes a soap just smells so good and you hate to leave it in the bathroom. Now we know we can enjoy it a bit more, by putting it in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this! I totally have some handmade soap I could keep in my car. I bought a huge gift pack from an Etsy seller and since I can only use one at a time, they're just sitting in a basket in my bathroom. Thanks for all the great suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I use a bit of sugar as a exfoliating face scrub.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of your products doing "double duty" so to speak! I know that you use the freshest ingredients to make your wonderful products and they all sound amazing! The Shea Butter is so versatile for everyone who has sensitive skin like me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can sure use the Body balm this time of year, my skin gets so dry

    sibabe64 at ptd dot net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing. I enjoy learning about different ways to use everyday items. I have used Vaseline as hair gel in a pinch, lotion to tame static hair, and cotton swabs to apply eye shadow.

    ReplyDelete